At Sri Eye Care, all your eye-related problems are resolved in a patient-centric ecosystem. Our team of experienced doctors and support staff is always available to ensure that you receive proper care during and after your eye procedure. We use the latest medical technology to provide you with the best care possible for the following eye procedures:
What is cataract?
A cataract is a dense cloud that forms on the lens of the eye when proteins present in the eye precipitate together. Although a cataract develops gradually, if left untreated, it can lead to blindness. This condition usually affects older age groups but it can develop at any age. It’s important to treat cataract at an early stage than wait for it to mature.
What are the common symptoms of cataract?
What are the possible causes of cataract?
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation
- Long-term use of steroids and other medications
- Treatments such as radiation therapy
- Excessive drinking and smoking
- Development of certain systemic diseases such as diabetes
- Old age
How is cataract diagnosed and treated?
- A comprehensive eye exam including an eye chart test to check vision at different distances and tonometry to measure eye pressure
- Pupils are dilated using eye drops to check for any possible damage to the optic nerve and retina
- Once the surgery is scheduled, you will undergo a biometry test to determine the power of the intraocular lens to be implanted in the eye. At Sri Eye Care, we offer the latest in biometry analysis with the Lenstar® optical biometer. This significantly improves the accuracy of the power of the lens and reduces the need for post-operative spectacle correction for distance vision
- Cataract surgery is a safe, permanent treatment recommended by doctors. The surgical method, known as phacoemulsification, involves the use of ultrasound waves to remove the cataract-affected lens. The ultrasound waves are usually introduced through a self-sealing 3mm incision
- People who cannot or do not wish to get surgery are usually prescribed temporary relief with strong eyeglasses, magnifying lenses, or anti-glare sunglasses
How does Sri Eye Care’s expertise help you?
We offer an advanced treatment called the
Micro-incision Cataract Surgery
This surgery involves a much smaller 2.2mm incision compared to the standard phacoemulsification
The surgery is painless and eye drops are used to anesthetize your eyes, without the need for painful injections
We also provide a variety of premium intraocular lenses which can help you be spectacles-free after the procedure